Secure online payments
To ensure the security of your cards online payments, we have implemented an international security tool which helps to protect you from unauthorised use of your cards. Before accepting payment for goods or services, the e-shops marked with the MasterCard® SecureCode™ sign will require you to enter a SecureCode password which is known to you only and One Time Password (OTP) sent to you via SMS or e-mail.
How to enable secure online payments for your card?
To enable secure online payments for your cards via on-line banking SB linija select ‘Secure payments’, click on the ‘Enroll’ button and follow the further instructions. Each card must be added separately.
If necessary, disable secure online payments by clicking on the ‘Cancel’ button.
If you do not enable secure online payments for your card, you cannot use it to make online purchases. When your card is renewed or replaced, secure online payments must be enabled again.
How does it work?
The secure online shopping solution Mastercard® SecureCode™ ensure that your payments are authorised twice when making online purchases.
- Web stores that join the programme display the Mastercard® SecureCode™ logo.
- After you enter your card details, a purchase summary and personal message are displayed. Always check that the personal message is correct. If the personal message is not correct, do not confirm the purchase.
- Next you will be asked to enter your SecureCode password which is known to you only.
- If the SecureCode password is correct you will be asked to enter the One Time Password (OTP) consisting of two Latin alphabet letters and eight digits sent to you by the bank via an SMS or e-mail. To confirm your transaction it is necessary to enter the digits only.
- If the One Time Password (OTP) is correct, your payment will be accepted.
- If your mobile number or e-mail changes, please let us know by logging in (Cards —> Secure online payments) or arriving at Šiaulių bankas branch of your choice.
- The generated OTP sent via an SMS or e-mail is valid for a limited time and can only be used for a single payment transaction. If the OTP is not entered within 3 minutes, click on the ‘Resent OTP’ and we will send you a new one.
- You can pay by card in a usual way to online stores not participating in Mastercard® SecureCode™ security programmes.
If you do not receive an SMS or e-mail, please let us know by logging in to the on-line banking site and sending us a message, calling by telephone 1813 (+370 37 301 337 when calling from abroad) or arriving at Šiaulių bankas branch of your choice.