Changeover of Visa, Maestro and Mastercard Standard Payment Cards
In order to unify the issued payment cards Šiaulių Bankas does not issue the following cards any longer:
- Visa group (Visa Electron, Visa Classic, Visa Gold) since 23/01/2015;
- Maestro group (Maestro and Maestro Business) since 10/08/2015;
- Mastercard Standard– since 03/04/2017.
These cards are updated and changed over (if the card is lost or due to other reasons) to the payment card belonging to Mastercard group.
Any Visa card issued by Šiaulių Bankas is changed over to Mastercard free of charge:
Debit MastercardMost appropriate card for daily payments!
MasterCard GoldMost appropriate card for payments while travelling!
Debit Mastercard is one of the most popular international debit cards. You can use your funds from the card to pay both in the ordinary sales and service places as well as in e-stores. It is convenient for paying on the Internet, booking a flight, hotel room or making car reservation.
More on Debit Mastercard
Prestigious international Mastercard Gold credit card ensures exceptional servicing and financial security. It is convenient to settle everywhere: in the usual trade or service locations as well as on-line. Interest-free credit, if it is granted for MasterCard Gold account, is available for free for 45 days free of charge. This card holders are covered free with travel insurance, accident insurance and insurance of the cash withdrawn from ATM.
More on Mastercard Gold
It is easy to change a card
Changeover of Your card to MasterCard will not cause any additional inconvenience:
- Visa group cards shall be changed into the same type MasterCard (Visa Electron to Debit Mastercard, Visa Gold to Mastercard Gold) free of charge;
- Payment cards belonging to Maestro group and Mastercard Standard shall be changed over to Mastercard payment cards in compliance with the Service Fees of Šiaulių Bankas available on the bank's website or in the customer service points of Šiaulių Bankas.
- during the period of change-over, Visa Maestro and Mastercard Standard cards shall be operating without any disturbances, they may be used as usually;
- replacing the card, the account number shall remain the same - only a card type and number shall change.
- servicing fees applicable to the card will not change if the card is changed over to the same type of Mastercard (Visa Electron to Debit Mastercard, Visa Gold to Mastercard Gold) ;
- Changing Visa Classic or Mastercard Standard to a new card, the applicable fees shall depend on the type of the selected card (the fees applicable to Debit Mastercard are available here, the fees of Mastercard Gold - here);
- If the possessed Visa, Maestro or Mastercard Standard payment card expiry date is longer than 3 months, Mastercard shall be issued with the same validity date, if less than 3 months - a new card validity date shall be determined.
- You can use the funds from existing Visa, Maestro and Mastercard Standard card account as long as you take the new MasterCard card.
if a credit limit was granted to Your card account, it shall be automatically transferred to the newly issued Mastercard card.
In order to smoothly continue shopping o-nline, after having exchanged Visa, Maestro or Mastercard Standard to Mastercard, do not forget to update the card data in secure on-line payment, PayPal and other e-systems.
How to change a card?
An application to change the Visa card may be filled as follows:
- via SB Linija: Applications and Requests —> Payment Card Documents —> Payment Card Requests —> Request to Change a Payment Card;
- in the nearest customer service point of Šiaulių Bankas.
Replacing or extending a Mastercard Standard payment card or willing to link your existing Visa card account with another type of MasterCard card (e.g. Visa Classic into MasterCard Gold credit card), please fill Request to Receive Personal Card (DOC) specifying the card.