Transfer orders in foreign currency
Foreign currency transfers can be made to any account in Lithuania and abroad.
The time it takes to perform the transfers in foreign currency:
- Transfer to your or other client’s account in Šiaulių bankas will be carried out on the same day (using the SB line it is carried out as specified in the operations SB line execution time)
- Transfer to other banks registered in Lithuania will be executed on the same working day, upon giving the payment order in USD or GBP before 15:00 pm, within one business day upon giving the payment order in other currencies before 15:30 pm;
- Transfer to the banks registered abroad:
- Simple transfer of foreign currency will be carried out within 2 working days upon giving the payment order before 22:00 pm;
- Urgent payment in foreign currency will be carried out on the next business day upon giving the payment order before 17:00 pm;
- Very urgent transfer (in US dollars) will be executed on the same business day upon giving the payment order before 15:00 pm.
If the payment order is submitted after the specified time, the transfer is made on the next working day.
Transfers to the European Union and EEA countries, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein in their national currencies are carried out if the beneficiary's bank BIC, IBAN of the beneficiary's account are specified, the bank charges are paid both by the payer and the payee (SHA)
Performing a payment please verify accurately if the account number is indicated correctly. The payment transaction shall be executed according to the beneficiary's account number indicated by You.
If the account number is indicated incorrectly, the funds can be credited to another client's account even if the beneficiary’s name is indicated correctly.
To transfer foreign currency to other banks registered in Lithuania or in the foreign countries you have to fill the foreign currency payment order form.
USEFUL: How to make a payment in Russian rubles to Russia?
More information about IBAN is provided on the website www.ecbs.org/iban.htm