Security Measures For The Operations Carried Out Via SB Linija
In the course of execution of the Bank of Lithuania’s resolution On Minimum Security Requirements For Online Payments and in order to strengthen online payment security, starting with 1 April 2016 existing Šiaulių bankas customers will have to sign some transactions via online banking system SB linija with the help of any of the following strict authentication tools:
PIN code card and additional password received via SMS (SMS + PIN)
From 1 April using PIN + SIM you will be able to perform the following actions on the SB Linija:
- to sign payment orders exceeding 30 euros to other banks registered in Lithuania and abroad;
- to conclude a standing SEPA payment agreement when a transferred amount exceeds 30 euros and the beneficiary's account is with other bank;
- to order e-invoice when a payment account exceeds 30 euros and the beneficiary's account is with other bank or under a standing order agreement;
- to register a payment card on the secure settlement programme MasterCard SecureCode;
- to submit a free form request;
- to submit a form for contact number update.
1. Why do some of the operations via SB linija will need to be approved using strict client authentication?
Šiaulių bankas is executing the Bank of Lithuania’s resolution On Minimum Security Requirements For Online Payments and tries to strengthen online payment security.
2. Which of the SB linija users since 1 April 2016 will have to sign some operations using the PIN + SMS tool?
All SB linija users, except for those who use a mobile or stationary electronic signature or code generator.
3. Do I need to take any action in order to use the PIN + SMS tool?
If you use a PIN code card, you must provide the Bank your mobile phone number to which SMS with optional password will be sent (SMS messages are free).
You can provide your mobile phone number as follows:
- After logging into SB linija: by filling out the Contact Number Renewal Form, which automatically opens after logging into the system. By signing this form, you will be automatically disconnected from the SB linija system. When you login to SB linija again, you'll see all the menu items. (Up to 1 April 2016 your mobile phone number can be changed by selecting the menu item Settings à Contact Number Renewal Form.)
- By coming in person to any Šiaulių bankas unit.
If you do not have a PIN code card, come to any unit of the bank and you will be issued the card free of charge.
4. Will SMS with optional password be sent to foreign operators’ mobile telephone numbers?
Yes. If you wish to receive SMS messages to the foreign operator's phone number, enter the number as described in the reply to question 3.
In order to avoid possible roaming interferences, the customers living abroad or frequent travellers are recommend to use the code generator.
5. What to do if I lose my mobile phone number, provided to the Bank for sending the SMS messages with additional password?
Report immediately to the bank by phone 1813 (+370 37 301 337 for calls from abroad) or come in person to any unit of Šiaulių bankas.
6. How to change the mobile phone number, provided to the bank for sending SMS with additional password?
(Up to 1 April 2016 your mobile phone number can be changed by selecting via SB linija the menu item Settings à Contact Number Renewal Form or come in person to any Šiaulių bankas unit.
After 1 April 2016 the number can be changed in any Šiaulių bankas unit.
7. Can I use not PIN + SMS but other operation signing tools?
Yes, you can use other strict client authentication tools:
- Code generator: bank issues an electronic device that generates a unique login and signing codes. The code generator can be purchased in person at any unit of the bank for the fee stated in Standard Rates;
- Mobile electronic signature: one of the safest today's existing electronic identification measures. The mobile signature can be acquired if you have entered into subscription with any of the mobile operators operating in Lithuania;
- Stationary electronic signature: State Body Registry Centre issues cryptographic USB stick (RC USB key) or identification chip card with an electronic signature function.
8. Is it possible, without coming to the bank branch, to change PIN code card used to sign transactions into electronic signature?
Yes it is, if you already have a mobile or stationary electronic signature:
- Login to the SB linija;
- Select Settings -> Change Signing Tool;
- Select signing tool Electronic Signature in the signing tool changing form that opens.
- Please note that the Bank employees will never themselves, by calling or writing e-mail, ask you to disclose your phone number, credit card or online banking system information.
- You can provide your phone number needed to send the SMS with additional password only yourself and only in the two above ways: via SB linija or coming to Šiaulių bankas unit.
- If you lose this number, immediately notify the bank by phone 1813 (+370 37 301 337 for calls from abroad) or come to any Šiaulių bankas unit.
If you have questions, you are welcome to contact us by phone 1813 (+370 37 301 337 if calling from abroad) or come to selected Šiaulių bankas unit.