Investment funds are a collective investment tool, i.e. common partial ownership of assets of investors is invested by fund management company according to a certain strategy. Management of the money invested into the funds is entrusted to reliable investment professionals. Investors, depending on risk tolerance can choose the most appropriate type of investment funds (equity funds, bond funds, mixed funds, money market funds, index funds or funds of funds).
- Having selected the investment fund, you entrust your money to fund management company, which invests it into various financial instruments, so you do not need to actively follow the market developments.
- You can select the most suitable level of investment risk and expected profitability.
- You can, at any time, sell the fund holdings at market price, which is published on a daily basis.
Distributed investment funds
Our distributed investment funds are managed by the asset management company INVL Asset Management, owned by one of the leading asset management groups in the Baltic countries being Invalda INVL. Companies of this group also manage pension funds, alternative investments, individual portfolio, private equity and other financial instruments.
In Šiaulių bankas you can also invest in a variety of foreign managers-managed stock and bond funds, mixed funds and funds of funds (i.e. funds with managers investing in other investment funds). Bank's financial advisers can offer funds that invest in specific geographic regions, economic sectors or diversified financial instruments, consisting of various combinations of funds.
It is recommended to select the amount of money intended for purchasing of units of the fund according to own investment objectives, desired risk and return as well as financial resources. The minimum amount you can invest in UAB INVL Asset Management managed funds is 25 euros. The minimum amount of investments in foreign funds may be higher.
Investment Fund Fees
Investment funds are applied management and distribution fees (premiums). They may be extended by the success and exchange fees. Details of applicable fees can be found here.
Investment fund selection
Before choosing an investment fund, you yourself or with the help of Šiaulių bankas‘ investment professionals:
- Determine your investment goals. Possible investment objectives: to protect the available money from inflation, to accumulate money for retirement, to save for larger purchase;
- Having regard to the objectives (long-term from 5 years), medium (2 to 3 years) or short-term (up to 2 years) decide on the time to invest funds;
- Consider what risk is acceptable: the longer the duration of the investment, the riskier the fund can be chosen;
- Familiarize with selected investment fund documents, applicable taxes and other deductions from the fund's assets.
When investing in investment funds, money is entrusted to manager, so first of all we recommend to assess his competence, i.e. how much property is managed by the manager, what are the historical results in return reached by the asset manager, as well as are the manager’s funds rated by international ratings (e.g. Morningstar, Lipper).
It is also important to consider that even the lowest risk investment funds such as money market or bonds, as market conditions change, may lose some value, so you may get back less than you invested. Prior to the purchase of fund units is also important to assess their liquidity.
Investment funds risk is usually lower than risk of individual shares because they are diversified by asset class, sector, region, and other aspects.
In other words, the investment fund money may be invested in shares of different companies, thus reducing one company's credit risk. If such investment fund invests in several companies from different countries and sectors, risk is falling further. If the same fund complemented its strategy and invested in bonds and other asset classes the risk would reduce from the asset class aspect as well.
So, before making an investment decision, we recommend you to carefully consider the investment fund's strategy and investment rules set out in the selected fund’s documents (prospectuses, rules).
Where to go in order to invest?
- First of all, in any unit of Šiaulių bankas sign a contract for provision of investment services and open a securities account.
- The most convenient way is to fill this request form, and the required specialist will contact you.
For more information about these investment instruments, conditions and fees call 1813
(+370 37301337 when calling from abroad).
The information contained herein is only a presentational marketing message. It cannot be regarded as an offer, recommendation or solicitation to buy any financial instrument, to sell it and (or) to conclude the transaction (s).
By investing, you assume the risks associated with the investment. The fund's value may rise and fall, the investment can be both profitable and loss-making, you can get no financial benefit, you may lose part or even the entire invested amount due to circumstances beyond the control of Šiaulių bankas AB. The fund's historical performance is not a reliable index of future return and risk. Šiaulių bankas AB is not responsible for your decisions taken on the basis of the information contained herein.
Although the contents are based on sources believed to be reliable, Šiaulių bankas AB and INVL Asset Management are not responsible for inaccuracies or damages that may result from such information.
We recommend you to responsibly and carefully choose the investment fund, to draw attention to the risks associated with investments, applicable taxes and other deductions as well as to read the fund’s rules, prospectus and key investor information documents.