Šiaulių bankas will apply a preventive protection for payment card settlements
In order to protect Šiaulių bankas' customers from illegal usage of payment card data we have installed a security system for payment card settlements which would allow avoiding illegal usage of payment card data in the countries where such a risk is high.
Since 01 October 2014 transactions not supported by chip technologies (the transactions during which a magnetic tape is used and successful implementation of which does not require entering of a PIN code) shall be blocked in the following countries: Azerbaijan, Argentina, Bahrain, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, the Philippines, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Jamaica, USA, Cambodia, Canada, Colombia, Cuba, Kuwait, Libya, Malaysia, Mexico, Pakistan, Panama, Peru South Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam.
Payment card holders intending to visit any of the above mentioned countries and wishing to avoid likely inconveniences should notify Šiaulių bankas about a planned trip in advance by the following way at their choice:
- fill an application of a free form on "SB linija" specifying the country to which you intend to travel and the duration of your stay;
- call the Customer Information Centre at 1813;
- visit the nearest customer service point of Šiaulių bankas.
We would like to pay our travelling customers' attention that after expiry of specified duration of a trip the bank shall continue blocking the transactions not supported by chip technologies and , thus, shall protect its clients' payment card data from the possible illegal usage.
The bank's specialist will be constantly monitoring and updating the list of countries where the illegal transactions are executed most frequently and will block payment card settlements in these countries. Depending on the potential risks different restrictions can be applied in such fields as cash withdrawals from ATMs, payment cards' settlements in the trading venues where it is not required to enter a PIN or payment on the e-stores.
In case you fail paying with your payment card, please contact the Customer Information Centre at 1813 immediately and inform about it - a bank's officer in charge will be entitled to cancel restrictions applied to Your payment card.
Our recommendations are as follows:
- be very attentive;
- avoid paying with a payment card for anything in suspicious-looking locations;
- before using an ATM, be sure to look around and see if there are no unusual devices attached to the cash machine, and if there are no bystanders watching;
- use ATMs installed in well-illuminated and not remote locations;
- watch every move that the salesperson makes with Your card and do not let him carry it out - a payment card must always be at your sight.