Allowed to acquire qualifying share of the Bank's authorized capital
REPORT ON AN ESSENTIAL EVENT
1. Šiaulių bankas AB, company code: 112025254, address: Tilžės St. 149, Šiauliai.
2. This report is submitted to Securities Commission, Vilnius’ Stock Exchange AB, to the daily newspapers “Lietuvos rytas” and “Šiaulių kraštas”.
3. On 23rd June 2005 the Board of the Bank of Lithuania agreed that Algirdas Butkus, Gintaras Kateiva, Arvydas Salda, “Prekybos namai Aiva” UAB, “Alita” AB, “Mintaka” UAB and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development would acquire a qualifying holding of authorized capital and voting rights of Šiaulių bankas AB, which would comprise 1/3 of authorized capital and voting rights of the Bank.
4. The report is not confidential.
5. Pranas Gedgaudas is authorized to provide additional information about an essential event, telephone: +370 (41) 595653.
Deputy Chairman of the Bank Board